Cardioid instrument microphone delivers excellent sound isolation and superior transient response. It features a gold-layered Mylar diaphragm, preamplifier for transparency, subsonic filter to stop low frequency rumble, and a pad for handling SPLs.
- A highly consistent cardioid polar pattern
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar® diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Three-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- Three-position switchable low-frequency filter reduces background noise and counteracts proximity effect
What is the KSM137 best suited to?
Recommended applications include the close-miking of acoustic and electric instruments, drum overheads, brass/woodwind, ensembles, and even bass instruments such as double bass and kick drum. The KSM137 is equally at home in the studio or in live applications.
What characteristics can I expect when using a KSM137?
The KSM137 microphone can withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). It has a high output level, low self noise and reproduces low frequency sounds exceptionally well.
|1||A27M||Stereo Microphone Adapter|
Find this product
Find this product
Further Technical Specifications
|Switch||Attenuator: 0, −15, −25 dB|
|Low Frequency Filter: flat; -6 dB/octave below 115 Hz; -18 dB/octave below 80 Hz|