Senior SAP Application Developer
Senior SAP Application Developer
This position is based in Hyderabad, India.
Shure is a global leader in professional audio electronics with a history of product innovation spanning over 90 years. The product portfolio including microphones, wireless systems, discussion systems and listening products- headphones, high end earphones and personal monitoring systems are designed in engineering development centers located in the US, China, Copenhagen and India, manufactured thru complex processes and technology in two Shure owned locations outside of the US and established partnerships with contract manufacturers. The success and reputation of the Shure brand has been defined by continuous commitment to Total Quality. Shure products are sold in over a 100 countries through regional distribution centers located in the Germany, Hong Kong and US. Shure continues to be voted as one of Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. Shure’s multi-year strategy and business plans further expansion of its global presence to broaden its reach in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
The Shure Hyderabad location operational since June 2019 will be leveraged to expand and grow the global IT applications team in India. The applications landscape at Shure spans across different technologies including SAP (ECC, CPI, IBP, BW, ..), Salesforce, Boomi, Sharepoint, Service Now, Tableau and other technologies.
The Sr. SAP Application Developer role in Hyderabad, reporting into the Manager, Application Development, will collaborate closely with the internal IT associates located in US, Europe and Asia to build, enhance and maintain SAP solutions to meet the global business needs. This role requires exposure to industry best practices, technology trends, the willingness to learn new and emerging technologies, collaborate with the global team, wear multiple hats and balance priorities to continuously drive value.
We take pride in providing our employees with the opportunity to enhance their capabilities, knowledge and expertise with the emerging technology trends by delivering exceptional results for our internal stakeholders which ultimately enhances growth, operations, productivity and efficiency.
- Collaborate with the global team and participate in all phases of the initiatives including requirement gathering, blueprint, design, development, and implementation of innovative SAP solutions.
- Understand business requirements and assist with the formulation of solution options and design recommendations
- Design, build and implement flexible, scalable, sustainable solutions that meet business needs
- Proactively identify and execute improvements to maintain and support of the current landscape, perform housekeeping tasks to optimize the system resource availability and utilization
- Proactively identify improvements and implement enhancements to existing functionality to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborates with the functional analysts/leads globally to design, build and test a variety of SAP objects including reports, interfaces, conversion, enhancements, forms and workflows
- Translates requirements and functional specifications into technical solutions (specifications, tested code, technical documentation)
- Supports performance tuning and maintenance activities as needed and ensures technical solutions meet the performance guidelines and standards
- Supports the study and recommendation of new and existing technologies / features
- Conducts design reviews, code reviews per best practices and established SDLC guidelines
- Proactively monitors and supports the production landscape to address issues in a timely fashion
- Understands the development life cycle both from a project/process perspective and technically to ensure the proposed solutions are sustainable, maintainable and meet business needs
- Provide routine support to business users and functional teams to:
- Resolve Service Desk tickets and Requests in accordance with agreed upon SLAs.
- Respond to inquiries and assist with trouble shooting issues
- Introduce Best Practice and process improvement ideas wherever appropriate.
- Actively participate as a member of the IT team in activities that include communications, status meetings and internal initiatives.
- Adhere and contribute to general IT processes, procedures and policies
- Maintain a current awareness of SAP, CPI, HANA product developments and trends and determine how they can be used to enhance productivity within the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a SAP ABAP developer in various roles, with at least 4+ years of that in implementation projects
- Expertise in Object Oriented ABAP Webdynpro, Dialog Programming, User Exits, enhancement Framework, Smart Forms, SAP Script and interfacing technologies like REST, SOAP services, ALE/IDOCs
- Exposure to write SAP interfaces for middleware like Dell Boomi
- Experience in RFC, File, XML and related programming techniques in SAP.
- Knowledge of ITS, Barcode and label printing would be an additional benefit.
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC (key modules like SD, MM, PP, FICO), BW, CRM. Exposure to APO/IBP, CPI, DMS and PLM desired.
- Experience in HANA Smart Data Access and Smart data Integration S/4 HANA Simple Finance implementation will be an added advantage
- Exposure to SAP Datahub is advantageous
- Good communication skills, customer excellence focus and organizational skills.
- Exposure to common project management methodologies like ASAP, Agile preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong time management skills.
We offer a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate. Please send your application with current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.