Senior BI Developer
Senior BI Developer
This position is based in Hyderabad, India.
Shure is a global leader in professional audio electronics with a history of product innovation spanning over 90 years. The product portfolio including microphones, wireless systems, discussion systems and listening products- headphones, high end earphones and personal monitoring systems are designed in engineering development centers located in the US, China, Copenhagen and India, manufactured thru complex processes and technology in two Shure owned locations outside of the US and established partnerships with contract manufacturers. The success and reputation of the Shure brand has been defined by continuous commitment to Total Quality. Shure products are sold in over a 100 countries through regional distribution centers located in the Germany, Hong Kong and US. Shure continues to be voted as one of Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. Shure’s multi-year strategy and business plans further expansion of its global presence to broaden its reach in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
The Shure Hyderabad location operational since June 2019 will be leveraged to expand and grow the global IT applications team in India. The applications landscape at Shure spans across different technologies including SAP (ECC, CPI, IBP, BW, ..), Salesforce, Boomi, Sharepoint, Service Now, Tableau and other technologies.
The Sr. BI Developer role in Hyderabad, reporting into the BI Manager, will collaborate closely with the internal IT associates located in US, Europe and Asia to build, enhance and maintain BI solutions to meet the global business needs. This role requires exposure to industry best practices, technology trends, the willingness to learn new and emerging technologies, collaborate with the global team, wear multiple hats and balance priorities to continuously drive value.
We take pride in providing our employees with the opportunity to enhance their capabilities, knowledge and expertise with the emerging technology trends such as Data Visualization, Predictive Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Cloud solutions and Mobility by delivering exceptional results for our internal stakeholders which ultimately enhances their growth, operations, productivity and efficiency.
- Collaborate with the global team and participate in all phases of the initiatives including requirement gathering, blueprint, design, development, and implementation of innovative SAP and Tableau based solutions.
- Understand business requirements and assist with the formulation of solution options and design recommendations
- Design, build and implement flexible, scalable, sustainable data models and BI solutions that meet business needs
- Proactively identify and execute improvements to maintain and support of the current landscape, perform housekeeping tasks to optimize the system resource availability and utilization
- Proactively identify improvements and implement enhancements to existing functionality to improve efficiency and effectiveness of BI solution
- Develop an overall understanding of the business processes and data in the source systems to support reporting and analytics
- Analyze, refine and document BW requirements as part of defined projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the functional teams to ensure the right data is extracted and reported
- Work independently on reporting and analytics development including data extraction, transformation, loading using appropriate BW and Tableau technology.
- Provide high quality code deliverables that meet the standards, perform technical validation and support functional and user acceptance testing.
- Provide technical guidance across multiple areas including source system data integration, data quality and security.
- Provide routine support to business users and functional teams to:
- Resolve Service Desk tickets and Requests in accordance with agreed upon SLAs.
- Respond to inquiries and/or issues.
- Perform ad-hoc queries and requests for data.
- Prepare necessary end-user training and job aids.
- Conduct in-house training for end-users and team members on application specific functionality.
- Assist with trouble shooting and data analysis.
- Introduce Best Practice and process improvement ideas wherever appropriate.
- Train and mentor junior team members.
- Actively participate as a member of the IT team in activities that include communications, status meetings and internal initiatives.
- Adhere and contribute to general IT processes, procedures and policies
- Maintain a current awareness of SAP, Tableau and other business warehouse/business intelligence product developments and trends and determine how they can be used to enhance productivity within the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or Business discipline or equivalent work experience in a relevant SAP BW area. Graduate coursework is desirable.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience using skills as a seasoned, experienced professional in an ERP supported business environment working with SAP-ECC, SAP-BW, other SAP systems as well as non-SAP solutions
- Extensive hands-on design and development of various SAP BW data model solutions in areas such as Sales, Profitability, Material Management, Inventory, Procurement and Finance. Tableau development experience is desired.
- At least 3 full cycle SAP implementation project with hands-on project experience designing, testing and implementing SAP BW.
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes and how they affect reporting design and solutions
- Ability and willingness to learn and implement new BI technologies and tools
- Has a good understanding of industry common and best practices
- Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong time management skills.
- Good problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
We offer a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate. Please send your application with current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.