Director, Sales - Southeast Asia
Director, Sales - Southeast Asia
This position is based in Singapore.
This role is responsible for leading the Sales and Marketing function in the Southeast Asia region by developing short and long-term strategic sales plans, driving and realizing total sales and margin objectives across the region. Reporting to Vice President of Global Sales, Emerging Markets, the incumbent demonstrates an extensive understanding and applicability of all areas in the audio industry, client servicing, and business practices.
- Develop and execute strategic business plans across all channels on how to expand the market share and revenues in Southeast Asia region
- Oversee and manage all sales disciplines that make up the Southeast Asia Sales & Marketing function
- Develop and execute short and long-term sales plans, distribution channel plans and strategic account tactics to enhance competitive position in the region
- Ensure the business strategies and sales plans are “synchronized” with the marketing plan and activities, with intensive coordination and cooperation
- Break larger plans / business objectives down into manageable targets and KPIs
- Generate new business growth, increasing responsiveness to customer needs by developing new and existing relationships within critical customer groups in both existing and new markets
- Challenge the status quo and enhance the sales process to improve customer satisfaction, retention, and conversion
- Identify major trends in the local markets, anticipate and assess potential impact for Shure as well as take pro-active measures to act / counteract to keep the team ahead of market trends
- Lead sales teams in developing key and challenging market opportunities extensively
- Provides input to sales team on overall sales strategy, cost optimization, and disciplined process management (pipeline review, demo sales achievement, etc.).
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge in the audio industry and provides external leadership to industry, community and media
- Attracts, manages and develop talents to support future growth
- Prepare for a travel commitment of minimum 50%
- Other duties as assigned
- Holder of Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Electronics, Engineering or related disciplines; MBA, preferred
- A minimum 15 years of regional sales management experience in MNC, with at least 5 years of recent and relevant experiences in audio industry
- Multi-year practical experiences with sales budgets, forecasts, strategic account management, marketing and promotions, product portfolio management, channel management, sales team management and international travel, a must
- Skillful in formulating business strategies and implementing them successfully with solid business acumen and good track records
- Proven as an effective relationship builder within a matrix environment at global, regional and local levels
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with proven experience to develop and motivate a substantial team
- Equipped with excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal, negotiation, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, a MUST; Mandarin, preferred
We offer a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate. Please send your application with current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.