Lead ABAP Developer
Lead ABAP Developer
This position is based in Hong Kong.
The Lead ABAP Developer serves as the primary technical subject matter expert for the SAP ABAP Development platform. Responsible for the overall design, development and end-to-end delivery of quality, scalable and efficient solutions in SAP that provide great customer experience. Will develop a strong understanding of the strategic objectives, challenges and opportunities from a business and IT perspective and ensure the solutions proposed meet these objectives. Requires exposure to industry best practices and technology trends with the ability and interest to expand across technologies, when required. Responsible for implementing best practice design, development and delivery standards in coordination with in-house and offshore development resources. Collaborate closely with the IT team and business stakeholders globally to deliver projects, continuous improvements and bug fixes in a timely manner.
- Participates in project blueprint workshops to support requirement gathering, fit gap analysis and preparation of solution alternatives with effort estimates, impact considerations across applications and processes and recommendation with the appropriate pro/con analysis.
- Collaborates with the functional analysts/leads globally to design, build and test a variety of SAP objects including reports, interfaces, conversion, enhancements, forms and workflows.
- Translates requirements and functional specifications into technical solutions (specifications, tested code, and technical documentation).
- Proactively supports performance tuning and maintenance activities as needed and ensures technical solutions meet the performance guidelines and standards.
- Supports the study and recommendation of new and existing technologies / features.
- Reviews and proposes appropriate updates to the development standards, conducts design and code reviews, ensures adherence to the established standards and SDLC best practices by the development team and prepares the necessary quality metrics.
- Independently leads and manages a medium to large global-sized projects utilizing Shure methodology for development deliverables.
- Manages the development team's progress to plan, resolves key barriers, and escalates issues when required.
- Provides leadership and direction to the development team on priorities, work schedules and assignments in a project setting in consultation with the Sr. Manager, Basis Operations, Security and Development.
- Proactively monitors and supports the production landscape to address issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands the development life cycle both from a project/process perspective and technically to ensure the proposed solutions are sustainable, maintainable and meet the customer expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience as a SAP ABAP developer in various roles, with at least 4+ years of that in implementation projects
- Expertise in Object Oriented ABAP, ALE/IDOCs, BAPIs, Enhancement Framework, Forms and interfacing technologies like REST, SOAP services
- Clear and concise communication skills, strong problem solving skills and technical expertise in the SAP ABAP Development platform
- Experience with CRM Development frameworks like GenIL, AET and BOL
- Experience in RFC, File, XML and related programming techniques in SAP
- Knowledge of ITS, Barcode and label printing would be an additional benefit
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC (key modules like SD, MM, PP, FICO), BW.
- Exposure to APO, DMS, PLM and WCEM is a plus
- Good communication skills, customer excellence focus and organizational skills
- Exposure to ASAP methodology preferred Demonstrated ability of working on complex assignments
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods on new assignments and (provide guidance to other personnel)
We offer a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate. Please send your application with current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.